Our success is built on a foundation of trust because we know trust matters- not just to our customers and shareholders, but to our employees as well. We’re proud to offer a trustworthy, financially-stable environment that allows our employees to contribute to the success of the company while growing their own careers.
You’ll find that you’re able to see yourself in the big picture from day one. And the big picture at UFG isn’t just about your job. We encourage our employees to develop a work-life balance by taking advantage of our flexible work schedule options. Tuition reimbursement, a wellness program and paid community service hours are just a few of the additional benefits we offer to ensure our employees are happy and healthy at UFG.
In addition to traditional benefits including health insurance, paid time off and a 401(k) plan, these extra work-life balance perks and our positive, team-based culture helped earn us a “Top Workplace” designation for three consecutive years by the Des Moines Register. Our dedication to trust and a conservative approach to fiscal responsibility has also earned us a spot on Forbes’ “America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for four years in a row.
In your role as an Agency Training Specialist, you’ll build and maintain strong relationships with independent insurance agents as you provide customized training and support for UFG’s agency website and interface solutions.
You’ll use your interpersonal and technical skills to promote UFG’s technology solutions through a combination of on-site agency meetings, regional meetings, webcasts and online videos. Your thorough understanding of the agency website will help you communicate specific agency solutions.
Additionally, you’ll identify training opportunities to inform agents of new and enhanced website features. Through travel to on-site agencies and other web-related touch points, you’ll learn how to market our agency system to existing and new agents.
• Provide on-site technology support to independent insurance agencies who work with UFG as an insurance carrier.
• Conduct regional technology meetings for agency producers, customer service representatives, administrators and other agency employees to introduce new technology solutions, provide in-depth training and networking opportunities for agency personnel to share technology ideas.
• Stay current with the changes to UFG’s agent website and interface solutions, and identify new training opportunities for agents.
• Develop and maintain a library of training videos for agents and distribute the videos to the target audiences using multiple media platforms.
• Develop professional presentations on topical subjects and conduct agent webinars.
• Assist in the development and distribution of marketing and training materials designed to promote UFG technology and educate agents.
• Keep current in internet technology trends and attend industry user group meetings.
• Excellent understanding of the independent insurance agency system, especially the dynamics of the relationship between the agency and the insurance carrier.
• Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to describe complex, highly-technical issues using simple, clear and precise language; and ability to adopt and apply various communication techniques based on the individual.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work well with people from many disciplines with varying degrees of business and technical experience.
• Strong business acumen; understand and deal with business situations in a manner that will lead to a positive outcome.
• An ability to organize, plan and deliver presentations with poise and confidence.
• Energetic, inspiring, influential personality. Ability to maintain a consistent positive attitude during pressure situations while providing the highest levels of customer service.
• Technical expertise sufficient to understand and explain UFG’s website and interface solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Four year college degree is preferred.
• Three or more years of insurance experience is required.
• Insurance coursework or designations in the following areas is a plus: Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), and other similar programs.