UFG can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2015 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on the Forbes’ America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for both 2014 and 2015. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is looking for an application developer to join our growing organization. This position will play a key role in the development and modification of applications. This position requires a critical thinker with technical skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Develop new applications and update and maintain current applications.
• Consult with project managers, team members and users to identify current operating procedures and clarify project objectives.
• Design and write new or modify existing applications based on specifications developed by project manager or senior level programmer/analyst.
• Conduct testing by developing test data by following test plans to ensure programs meet standards and specification.
• Assist with project/system releases.
• Research errors to determine root cause and take appropriate steps to correct errors.
• Document program changes in source code.
• Properly document development progress with project tracking system.
• Other duties as assigned.