UFG can offer you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially-stable company. While we’ve always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. UFG was named to the “2016 Top Workplaces” list by The Des Moines Register, and was also included on the Forbes’ America’s Most Trustworthy Financial Companies” list for 2014, 2015 and 2016. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is seeking a project manager to plan, organize, lead and monitor one or more projects to meet defined requirements or business specifications, with an emphasis on large-scale, high impact automation projects. Manage cross-functional project teams by communicating a clear vision of project objectives, motivating the project team to achieve them and creating a project environment that enables peak performance by team members. Ensure appropriate management and stakeholder involvement throughout the life of the project.
• Prioritize and initiate projects that achieve our corporate strategic plans.
• Select and manage cross-functional project teams.
• Guide project team through all phases of project management methodology.
• Manage project scope.
• Maintain timely status reports.
• Coordinate acceptance testing of projects.
• Oversee the development and execution of system training for internal and external users.
• Keep current in new technologies.
• Regular attendance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Four-year college degree preferred and/or 5 to 10 years of relevant experience.
• Insurance coursework or designations in any of the following areas: General Insurance, Associate in Personal Insurance, Associate in Commercial Underwriting, Associate in Automation Information Technology or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter.
• Certified or working towards a PMI certification: PMP or CAPM.
• Demonstrated experience in project management is desirable.