UFG’s claims trainee program is an entry level opportunity for motivated individuals with the desire to become a valued member of our claims team. This is an exciting opportunity to start a career in property and casualty claims. You will learn all aspects of property and casualty claims following UFG’s best practices. The training program will occur in Cedar Rapids, IA for approximately 6 – 9 months. Upon completion the incumbent will transition into an inside claims representative.
• Knowledge of the claim assignments and claims processing.
• Review and interpret policy coverages.
• Conduct a thorough investigation which will include telephone interviews from the insured, witnesses and others possessing facts concerning the claim.
• Write reports for the claim file and document all activity relating to the loss.
• Review and evaluate damages to negotiate with contractors/body shops on severity and the method of repair.
• Prepare claims files for arbitration and/or subrogation.
• Communicate with the insured, claimant and agency coverages available for the particular loss and what damages are owed per the policy.
• Regular attendance.
• Perform other job duties as assigned.
• Four year college degree is preferred
• Related claims or insurance experience preferred
• Desire to learn, develop and understand claims practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must have strong analytical and decision making skills
• Must have the ability to stay organized and prioritize multiple assignments
Equal Opportunity Employer
United Fire Group has a policy to provide equal opportunity for all. We continue to take positive action to recruit, hire, train, transfer and promote persons in all job categories based on the individual’s ability to perform the job and without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or genetics.